Maybe you’ve got an ear for rhythm, an eye for detail, a mind for research — and a stomach for revision, revision, revision.
Maybe you’ve been mesmerized by a soaring keynote, or fidgeted through a dull one, and wondered about the process that makes speeches what they are.
If so, you may be just the person we’re looking for.
Details and Deadlines
At West Wing Writers, we offer year-round, paid internships to a few good candidates. We don’t expect interns to have written speeches before, but we do want people who love to write and are excellent researchers; people who are creative, curious, thoughtful, motivated, and dependable.
As an intern, you’ll get an insider’s view of the speechwriting profession and be an integral part of our team. Dates are flexible. Candidates who are available to work full-time are preferred.
Internships are available year-round, with deadlines as follows:
- Summer Internships (May/June–August)
Applications accepted: December 20–January 15
- Fall Internships (September–December)
Applications accepted: June 1–June 30
- Winter/Spring Internships (January–May)
Applications accepted: October 15–November 1
UPDATE: 2012 deadline extended to November 16
We review applications at the end of each application period, not on a rolling basis.
- Extensive research experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated interest in writing and communications
- Authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States
- Cover letter
- 2 writing samples, no more than 1,000 words each, that showcase the best of your research and writing abilities
Please send your application to Brittney Moraski at email@example.com. Selected applicants will be invited to complete a research test and interview.